Thursday, November 3, 2011

Part 3! the end of Juarez...

Pesos and a quarter

Warning! kinda of a boring update but it has pictures!

Tuesday was my Medical appointment. Everything went well in there other than being embarrased by having to strip naked for the doctor and getting 4 shots. Later Chris and I met up with another couple doing the same process. I met her online! (oh the wonders of the internet). We roamed around the mall, had lunch, they where telling us about what it's like in Mexico city. It was interesting hearing more about mexican culture.


Yeah, we went back to the same place.


We went to the hotel afterwards and hung out in the room for most of the day. Later for dinner we met up with my friend and her husband for dinner. We had Papa Johns pizza delivered (not nearly as good as other food here lol) we where talking for a while then it was off to bed.

Wednesday we didn't have anything to do so we mostly just hung out at the hotel room, we did go to the grocery store again mostly just to look around since there isn't much to do in the "safe area" other than eat, shop, and get screwed over with this immigration process. We did see a Pepsi that is only available in mexico, which has a lot of caffeine and ginseng (you can really taste the caffeine in it!).

Only 7 pesos! that's only 50c

I was itchy all day but I figured it was just because of the water, around bed time I was Super Itchy! I felt my knee and there was something bumpy, I turned the lights on and noticed I was covered in hives! they where like huge welts, Later I realized it was an allergic reaction to the flu shot (I'm still itchy!) I was getting worried since the next day was my visa appointment and I didn't want to show up looking diseased! finally after a while I managed to fall asleep.

This morning I woke up in an itchy panic and went straight to the mirror. The hives where not visible, I thought it was better than looking weird but now I was itchy and in pain. (My hands hurt right now and the welts are coming back.) The appointment went well and I got was told I could apply for a waiver. It was check out time back at the hotel so when I got there Chris had already fixed the car up and got everything ready to go.

We ended up booking another night since my aunt and uncle are coming to pick us up. They are coming by bus. So, another night will be good, we can sleep tonight and take off early morning. Later, After I got back from the visa appointment and booking a two bed room, we met with my friend and her husband again since her appointment was around the same time. We talked about how it went and it was also her birthday so afterwards we went to celebrate!

6 beers for 6 dollars!

We had a nice meal and they had some drinks. We went back to the hotel, and went over some paperwork. Then we went to the store for more soda and snacks, Oh this time at the store I noticed these drinks...


Yep. Crunch drink.

This picture is for you G!

Oh yeah, on our way back from the store we got our hair cut, nothing fancy. Just a trim on mine and Chris got his usual hair cut. Now we are just waiting... hopefully tomorrow we leave Juarez early.

...Then the roadtrip through Mexico starts! (oh god... )

 -Roby

What I've Learned:
...I have an allergic reaction to flu shots.

No comments: