Monday, August 20, 2012

Juarez, Atom & Home


A lot has happened in the last couple days so... I'll start with last Wednesday.

Wednesday: I woke up early to go pick up my Instruction Letter at the DHL in Tijuana. Afterwards I went to the Airport and waited for my flight to Juarez. While waiting at the airport I had a couple of hours to kill so I went to the starbucks to use their internet. Turns out that they where having a seminar! on "Kenya" coffee.


After a while I got really bored and started wondering around the airport looking at the little stores that they have. Eventually it was time to take off!


As soon as I landed and got out of the plane I felt like I was bring punched in the face by sunshine. It was really hot and the sun burned! I have never experienced that type of heat before. I went straight to the hotel (LaQuinta) turned on the AC and did not leave until the next day.

Thursday: I got up early to go do my medical exam. I got one shot, an X-ray to check for TB, got my blood taken out, stood naked in front of the doctor again... After paying I went to the mall and had lunch with a really nice lady and her two kids. I had to wait until 2pm to go pick up my medical exam then go to the DHL and send it in. I got to know this lady (bertha) and her daughter (gaby), very nice people. Gaby is into gymnastics and I thought that was cool, she even showed me how to do a cart wheel! We all looked around the mall for a while before heading back to the clinic.


....this process is so expensive!

Doctor gave me a lollipop after my shot! yay!

looking around the mall i found these dolls

....not sure why but this does not seem right...

This guy was making bracelets, pretty neat!

Got one for my mom, sisters and me ^_^


I turned in my stuff at the DHL and headed back to the hotel. The next morning I woke up nice and early to catch a plane back to Tijuana.


Friday: So finally I get home and my neighbor informs me that my puppy had been throwing up and moping around. I noticed him upset before I left but I thought it was because he knew I was leaving. When I got back he didn't go back to his old happy self. Later that night he had diarrhea and I noticed blood on it. The next morning (saturday) we took him to a vet where they admitted him and kept him over night. The next morning (sunday) I called the vet to see how Atom was doing and he informed me that Atom didn't make it... I wasn't expecting that. Then the vet told me that it was "parvo" I looked at his vaccines and told the doctor that he had his shot. That's when I found out that here in mexico sometimes they waterdown medicine to sell more of it and that Atom probably didn't get good quality vaccinations. We think that he probably contracted it about 2-3 weeks ago when he got neutered, they don't really sterilize equipment here and animals aren't treated really well... I loved my little buddy and it really hurts me. I will miss him a lot. I am glad I met him and kept him happy... He kept me company here in mexico and I hope he was happy.






....Goodbye little buddy. I wish I could have taken you home with me. I should be getting my Visa in about a week or two. Then I get to go home.. it's really bittersweet now.


-Roby

What I have learned:
... Never take your pets for granted.

No comments: