Friday, October 21, 2011

Can't stop time...

Way better than going to a beach!


I remember when I came to the US. I was 8 years old. Our first stop was a McDonalds. From there we stayed in Arizona for about a week then drove all the way to Colorado, where my sister was born on Christmas day 1993 -another sister followed in '94-. I spent that Christmas alone with a mean lady babysitting me. All I remember thinking was "When will I see my family again?". It's been 18 years.

While in the US, I lost my grandparents on both sides. Uncles have passed away. My dad. Going back to Mexico is not going to be as I remember. Not because of the way the cities have change -which they have a lot apparently- my grandparents are no longer there. My family has changed a lot. People where born, people grew up. The family I knew is gone.

The US is the country that I grew up knowing. I spent years perfecting my English -There is always something new to learn about the English language too- While my grammar isn't perfect, I think I do better than some native speakers. I will miss the US. I fell in love here, got married here! Found and Lost friends... It's been a fun ride.


So, I bid a warm farewell to everyone. To the people I went through elementary, Jr. high, and high school (all 3 that i attended), also, the ones from Ohlone. To the friends I made over the years and the ones I didn't keep in touch with. Goodbye... I'm off to start a new adventure.

Which I will be posting tons of pictures of! Driving and staying in one of the most dangerous cities on earth (ciudad juarez, mexico) is bound to be an interesting adventure. I think I'll buy my husband a Canadian hat or something.. you know.. just in case lol

This isn't paradise when you have to live and work there.



-Roby

What I've Learned:
..I'm glad I got to live here, the San Fransisco zoo was awesome!  

No comments: