Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Buses and Applications...


Gotta look nice while handing out applications.


So, for the last week I have been settling into my new place and town. Puerto Nuevo is nice but, I have to take the mini bus to Rosarito. Rosarito is about 10 minutes away. I have to pay 13pesos (about a dollar) to ride downtown. It's not a bad deal.

This reminds me of the "short" bus in elementary.


Mexico is not that bad once you are in a nice place that you are comfortable. It is cheap and convenient. My lease for the next 5 months is under $2,500USD. That's including bills, rent and food by the way. Hearing my mom being so stressed out about rent in the bay area makes me want to tell her to just come live here.


$275 Dollar View? Hell yeah!


I have been up and down Rosarito and its pretty much just one huge street. There is a lot of places to eat and the beach is right there where you can just walk and relax. They do have crazy tourist prices though, usually regular working Mexicans can't afford that. But, every once in a while for $6 USD you can relax at the beach with a HUGE margarita. I think if my husband stops by for memorial day weekend, I'll ask him to take me.

Ninja!


I think once I find a job I will be able to enjoy being here a little bit more. I have been bored at home and I can't wait to start working again. In Mexico the process for finding a job is actually quite nice. You have to provide your own applications but that is okay because you can just print them out, fill them out and hand them out. They also have a CURP which is like a Social Security number. Oh and when you get a job here you automatically get "Seguro Popular" which is free health care. Healthcare is really cheap here though, I found a dentist in town that does cleanings for $20 USD. I think I'll get that done soon. It's been 7 months since my last cleaning and I'm over due.


I printed 20 applications.


I'll be able to post pictures of the town and beach later. For now my search for a job continues...


-Roby

What I have learned:
...I don't mind living by the beach when the weather isn't up to 80% humidity.

No comments: