Monday, May 28, 2012

the "Atom" bomb-shell


Atom


I had a friend stay over for about a week. She has an adorable puppy named Meeko. I have been in love with Meeko since I met him back in Michoacan, he is a sweet Yorkie. Ever since I met Meeko I have wanted a pet of my own. Of course I usually go straight to cats cause I'm such a cat person. However, Most cats here are in poor condition and its hard to get good quality liter here that doesn't cost a fortune.




On one of our outings with Meeko, we noticed a cute little pup crying in front of my neighbors door. My friend tried to lure it with a treat but it didn't budge. I went over there and then the neighbor came out and said "do you guys want a puppy? I was drunk when I got him and I don't think I have enough love for this little guy". I look at his cute eyes and said "YES! I WANT HIM". He asked if I was serious and I nodded. He gave me some milk and said that I only had a couple of days to change my mind and return him. Yeah, right. He is my little buddy now.




We brought him back and gave him a bath right away. Checked for fleas and ticks -he did have a tick stuck to him. After his bath my friend put some Meeko's Frontline flea repellent on him. He quickly warmed up to me. I think he knows I am his owner, he whines and cries when I'm not around and he just wants me to hold him and carry him around. Which is fine right now cause I'm not going to be able to when he gets bigger.




My husband logged-on after work to say "Hi" and all i said was "WE GOT A PUPPY!!" he could not believe it. He asked if I had any idea how big he was going to get and i told him "...no" I think that's when he realized how little I thought things through. He is a big dog lover though and he has always wanted a Lab so it worked out great! I also have Meeko's mommy (and google) to help me raise him.

...and that is where my new friend "Atom" came from. It took me about a two days to name him. Chris and I couldn't decide on a name. Finally I made a list and it had "Adam" in it -because he is my first puppy. Chris picked "Atom". I knew we were not going to agree on anything else and I liked "Atom"... it suits him.

He is the best drunken mistake a person could have had that benefit me... Well, 'cept that time I found $20 at a bar's parking lot... nah, this is way better.

-Roby


What I have learned:

....I guess I can be a dog person. 

No comments: